Date, time and location to be announced soon! We’ll try to add a climbing-related activity: a day of climbing or some much-needed trailwork… hopefully both.
A reminder about crags that are closed as of Jan 1, reopening August 1:
- Acker Rock
- Rabbit Ears
- Terra Nova
We are working towards a more adaptive, less constricting raptor closure policy. Greg Orton has created a working document, Outdoor Recreation & Raptors: A Guide to Adaptive Management, which was featured in a July 2018 article in Outside Magazine, “Raptor Closures Are Evolving, Thanks to Climbers.”
These crags may open earlier, depending on authoritative observations of nesting sites.
We will be having climbing classes at Honeycombs on May 12 and May 19.
and are always looking for help.
If you are interested in helping please contact me
- Greg has a Draft of Peregrine document (open to feedback)
- request access from him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- need to set up a button on the site for AF membership?
Possibility of non-profit guiding insurance in the future?
- to go towards supplies
- stewardship–clean up projects
- discussion of money, 1000
- bolting workshops through American Safe Climbing Assoc
- request grant for hardware? Would anyone want this task??
- type of hardware, uses, rock types, styles, stainless vs plated
- 1000 count 3” x 3” stickers for $280
- 300 shirts?
- link it up with annual membership fee
- link it with stickers on site? and books
- bolting workshops
- TBD (need someone to take the lead?)
- provide a background course
- womyn’s event (climb with friends and plug SWOCC)
- at Honeycombs? overnight at Orton’s if we go north?
- start with Emigrant and have good discussions
- Abbie and Jeanine Moy
- Loan Rock admin is friendly enough to share information on closures, Stay up to date on our website.
- Emigrant Lake Clean Up (bush removal, slope stabilization)
- Daniel’s capstone project email@example.com
- Terranova- trail flagging, hold off on heavy tool work
- Honeycombs- MtnProject test of maps, topos, bolts
- give credit to SWOCC on an account (link to follow)
- Geocaching on the radar?
Ashland: Location TBD from 3-5pm
We will be discussing areas and access information, our new website swocc.rocks, upcoming events and opportunities for stewardship. Join us!