- Why are we here?
- Interest in Board Membership
- Need for technical guru role?
Vision for the direction of this group
- Quarterly meetings with the Board
- Two year commitment, mentorship to pass along
- Subcommittee Meetings out of Roseburg and Ashland (relating to their climbing area)
- Informational meetings, climbing days to share info, trail clean-ups, Adopt-a-crag
- How to set up Adopt-a-crag through Greg and Willie (credit from Access Fund)
- Joint membership with Access Fund and SWCC ($55 + $15)
- Access Fund provides assistance with risk management, networking, legal guidance, lobbying
Update on Climbing Areas
- $75 fee to climb per year (walk in permit)
- Currently logging near first wall (climber’s left)
- Main access Trail is full of debris but there is an alternative
- Options for lowering price? Working with Weyerhauser on an agreement
- Next steps to raise funds and awareness?
- Tribal interactions (desecration of vision quest sites)
- Area of concern, chopped bolts, open to alternatives
- First and fifth walls open to Top access
- Representation with Ranger
- Possibility for Natives Outdoors programming
- Excellent instructional area
- Timber Co bought it recently, proactively working with Willie on access
- Not giving permission but not shutting down.
- Pipeline Activism
- Randy is attending to gather more information
- No construction to improve trails (need an Environmental Assessment)
- Consulting with Mazamas
- Should be taken off of sensitive list
- CFR closures by Forest Service
- Menagerie Wilderness (working on re-opening)
Women Specific Climbing days (contact Abbie firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No Man’s Land opportunity
- Trips for the Community, not affiliated with OP
- Non-sponsored climbing meet-up
- Ashland Outdoor Store for marketing (Steve)
Other Events and allocation of funds
- Funding of drills and hardware for maintenance (Willie)
- ASCA bolts for retro bolting proposal
- Emigrant, Little Pilot Rock,
- Bolting Workshops?
- Leadership roles?
- Presence at BANFF (contact Matt Money email@example.com)
- Meetings at AOS (movie nights?)
Marketing for membership (contact Steve firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Through Steve AOS
- WordPress website!
- Donation for your organization at AOS
Adventure club raffle to support attendance at AORE!!
- Board Positions
- Women specific
- Bolting workshop